Duration of Study Programme
Phase One: Pearson (UK)
Phase Two: University of Derby
Phase Three: University of Derby
October & March
Our new MBA Global will equip you with the strategic knowledge and confidence to succeed and excel in managerial roles within the business sector. It is designed for a new generation of ambitious business professionals and graduates with an international outlook. The business world is experiencing rapid growth on an international scale and, now more than ever, managers within every industry need to devise with a strategy for global scalability. Throughout the course you will develop skills and study areas valued and needed by the industry.
Skills you will learn
- Strategic awareness and thinking
- Confident leadership
- Presenting logical and relevant arguments
- Critical evaluation
- Innovation and the confidence to challenge traditional ways of thinking
Areas you will study
- Strategic management
- Strategic leadership
- Supply chain
The purpose of this degree and the defined pathways are:
- The advanced study of organisations, their management and the changing external context in which they operate.
- Preparation for and/or development of a career in business and management by developing skills at a professional level, or as preparation for research or further study in the area. This includes the development of positive and critical attitudes towards leadership, change and enterprise, so as to reflect the dynamism and vibrancy of the business and management environment.
- Development of the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of business and management to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management practice, including within an international context
- Development and enhancement of a range of general transferable skills and attributes, which, while being highly appropriate to a career in business, are not restricted to this
- Development of lifelong learning skills, including engendering an enthusiasm for business and for learning more generally as part of continuing personal and professional development.
What you will study
To achieve the MBA Global, you will need to complete 30 ECTS at each phase, totalling 90 ECTS.
You will conclude Phase 3 of your MBA Global studies with a Dissertation worth 30 ECTS.
How you will learn
This programme is delivered with a flexible classroom-based method, through a variety of course materials, case studies, discussions, presentations, enquiry-based learning and problem-solving activities. We provide you with key reading and research activities, and you will make the most of our own teaching portal.
Method of Assessment
A range of assessments, commensurate with level 7 requirements has been devised and the programmes operate within the University’s Regulatory Framework and conform to its regulations on assessment. A flexible approach has been taken in developing the assessment strategy, to allow for the diverse nature of the student cohorts as well as the different learning preferences of individual students. Additionally, requirements of the Chartered Management Institute has been taken into consideration so that students’ employability is enhanced and those who wish to gain relevant affiliation/recognition are assisted in doing so.
Formative assessment will be provided across the breadth of modules to provide students with a structured learning approach, as well as feedback opportunities. The process may include self assessment, peer review, tutor feedback, and come from exercises based on, for example, enquiry based learning and problem based learning activities. Summative assessment will aid students in developing Masters’ levels in knowledge, skills and personal development. Over the course of a programme students will experience different assessment methods which may include computer aided tests, research projects, work based reports, case study analysis, patchwork assessment, and reflective reports.
In all cases, assessment is directly related to either a student’s personal development or in applying solutions to their own organisations or case study organisations. In all programmes the final assessment at Master’s level will normally be a major piece of independent research and application. This challenges students to demonstrate a wide range of knowledge and skills.
Applicants should normally hold a good honours degree (minimum upper second class) in any subject or a professional qualification deemed to be of equivalent standing. Alternatively, applicants may have significant management experience and a substantial record of achievement. Applicants meeting these criteria may not have previously studied at university.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all ages as long as they can be considered adequately prepared to succeed on the programme. If learners have few or no formal qualifications, they may be able to gain entry to the programme if they have the required communication and learning skills as well as the knowledge, experience and motivation to succeed. All learners will be asked to provide evidence of academic potential and commitment to confirm their ability to undertake the programme.
We welcome applications from international students. If your first language is not English you will be expected to have IELTS 6.5 (with at least 5.5 in each component). You may be exempt from providing evidence of English language proficiency if you have gained your undergraduate degree from an English-speaking country.
All applications are considered on an individual basis.
Fees & funding
Refund through Get Qualified Scheme: €6,405*
Net Amount: €2,745*
*Terms and Conditions Apply