Duration of Study Programme
October & January
The Edexcel BTEC Certificate in Personal Training (QCF) is ideal for you if you work in, or want to work in the sports, leisure and recreation industries.
This qualification gives you the opportunity to:
- develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential
- have a successful performance in working life
- achieve a nationally-recognised level 4 qualification
- achieve a licence to practise
- develop your own personal growth and engagement in learning.
What you will study
- Health, Safety and Welfare in a Fitness Environment
- Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health
- Know how to Support Clients who take part in Exercise and Physical Activity
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise and Health
- Programming Personal Training with Clients
- Delivering Personal Training Sessions
- Applying the Principles of Nutrition to a Physical Activity Programme
How you will learn
This programme is delivered with a flexible classroom-based method, through a variety of course materials, case studies, discussions, presentations, enquiry-based learning and problem-solving activities. We provide you with key reading and research activities, and you will make the most of our own teaching portal.
Method of Assessment
The purpose of assessment is to ensure that effective learning has taken place of the content of each unit. Evidence of this learning, or the application of the learning, is required for each unit. The assessment of the evidence relates directly to the assessment criteria for each unit. The grading of this qualification is at the unit and the qualification level.
Each successfully completed unit will be graded as a pass, merit or distinction. A pass is awarded for the achievement of all outcomes against the specified assessment criteria. Merit and distinction grades are awarded for higher-level achievement.
Summary of grades
|In order to achieve a pass in a unit||
|In order to achieve a merit in a unit||
|In order to achieve a distinction in a unit||
- School Leaving Certificate and 3 GCSEs; or
- Relevant qualification at EQF/MQF Level 3; or
- Relevant experience in the business sector,
- If English is not your first language, you will need IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
Exemptions from providing evidence of English language proficiency may arise if you have studied your previous qualification in English.
Students should produce copies of certificates, full CV preferably in EuroFormat and passport-size photo.
Fees & funding