Duration of Study Programme
1 Academic Year
University of Derby
September, January and May
The BSc (Hons) Business and Management Top-Up Degree equips you with the expertise needed to lead, change and understand business and management on both the national and global perspective. This programme is designed for and with both learners and employers in mind. It will help you to pursue an enterprising business and management course to gain employment, enhance your career or achieve a qualification that recognises your experience.
This course is designed to give you more confidence in your ability to lead a team, deal with complex situations and communicate effectively via written reports and presentations. Whilst being taught by academics who are industry leaders with direct influence and knowledge of the industry you are entering, you will network with mature and experienced peers who share real life and professional experiences with one another.
Upon completion of this programme, you should have gained:
- A broad understanding of the knowledge base and a critical awareness of current problems and developments with business and management disciplines.
- The ability to research, analyse and critically evaluate business concepts, theories & techniques.
- An awareness of the holistic nature of all business operations and the confidence to evaluate the strategic position and options of an organisation
- Exposure to the global business environment within the context of an ethical framework
- The commitment to continue to advance your knowledge and understanding of business and management, and to develop new skills to a high level for continuing professional development.
- The qualities and transferable skills necessary for employment within the business and management profession requiring the exercise of initiative and personal responsibility.
What you will study
You will study modules such as:
How you will learn
This programme is delivered with a flexible classroom-based method, through a variety of course materials, case studies, discussions, presentations, enquiry-based learning and problem-solving activities. We provide you with key reading and research activities, and you will make the most of our own teaching portal.
Method of Assessment
Assessment is carried out through home-based assignments, which means you will have plenty of time to dedicate to each criteria. By having small groups, you will have more time for discussions where you can share your experiences at your place of work.
- Higher National Diploma, Foundation Degree or equivalent qualification at MQF/EQF Level 5 in a Business related field or 120 ECTS from a business related qualification; OR
- Other professional business qualifications that equate to an HND Level may be considered
- If English is not your first language, you will need IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
Students should produce copies of certificates, full CV preferably in EuroFormat and passport-size photo.
Fees & funding