Duration of Study Programme
3 Academic Years
2 years Higher National Diploma: Pearson (UK)
1 year Top-Up Degree: University of Derby
October & March
The BSc (Hons) Business and Management Degree equips you with the expertise needed to lead, change and understand business and management on both the national and global perspective. This programme is designed for and with both learners and employers in mind. It will help you to pursue an enterprising business and management course to gain employment, enhance your career or achieve a qualification that recognises your experience.
This course is designed to give you more confidence in your ability to lead a team, deal with complex situations and communicate effectively via written reports and presentations. Whilst being taught by academics who are industry leaders with direct influence and knowledge of the industry you are entering, you will network with mature and experienced peers who share real life and professional experiences with one another.
Upon completion of this programme, you should have gained:
- A broad understanding of the knowledge base and a critical awareness of current problems and developments with business and management disciplines.
- The ability to research, analyse and critically evaluate business concepts, theories & techniques.
- An awareness of the holistic nature of all business operations and the confidence to evaluate the strategic position and options of an organisation
- Exposure to the global business environment within the context of an ethical framework
- The commitment to continue to advance your knowledge and understanding of business and management, and to develop new skills to a high level for continuing professional development.
- The qualities and transferable skills necessary for employment within the business and management profession requiring the exercise of initiative and personal responsibility.
What you will study
You will study modules such as:
How you will learn
This programme is delivered with a flexible classroom-based method, through a variety of course materials, case studies, discussions, presentations, enquiry-based learning and problem-solving activities. We provide you with key reading and research activities, and you will make the most of our own teaching portal.
Method of Assessment
Assessment is carried out through home-based assignments, which means you will have plenty of time to dedicate to each criteria. By having small groups, you will have more time for discussions where you can share your experiences at your place of work.
Each successfully completed unit will be graded as a pass, merit or distinction. A pass is awarded for the achievement of all outcomes against the specified assessment criteria. Merit and distinction grades are awarded for higher-level achievement.
- A’Level Standard of education; OR
- Relevant qualification at MQF/EQF Level 4
- If English is not your first language, you will need IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
Exemptions from providing evidence of English language proficiency may arise if you have studied your previous qualification in English.
Students should produce copies of certificates, full CV preferably in EuroFormat and passport-size photo.
Fees & funding
Refund through Get Qualified Scheme: €8,750*
Net Amount: €3,750*
*Terms and Conditions Apply