Duration of Study Programme
2 Academic Years
October & March
This qualification aims to meet your needs by:
- equipping you with the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to succeed in a range of administrative and management positions in the business world.
- providing specialist routes of study which relate to the professional path you already follow or intend to seek employment in within the business industry.
- enabling progression to an undergraduate degree or further professional qualifications in business or other related areas.
- supporting you whether you are already employed or about to enter employment in the business field.
- developing a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in different working contexts and thereby enabling you to make an immediate contribution to employment.
- providing flexibility, knowledge and motivation as a basis for future studies and career development in the business world.
What you will study
You will study modules such as:
How you will learn
This diploma is delivered with a flexible classroom-based method, through a variety of course materials, case studies, discussions, presentations, enquiry-based learning and problem-solving activities. We provide you with key reading and research activities, and you will make the most of our own teaching portal.
Method of Assessment
The purpose of assessment is to ensure that effective learning has taken place of the content of each unit. Evidence of this learning, or the application of the learning, is required for each unit. The assessment of the evidence relates directly to the assessment criteria for each unit. The grading of BTEC Higher National qualifications is at the unit and the qualification level.
Assessment is carried out through home-based assignments, which means you will have plenty of time to dedicate to each criteria. By having small groups, you will have more time for discussions where you can share your experiences at your place of work.
Each successfully completed unit will be graded as a pass, merit or distinction. A pass is awarded for the achievement of all outcomes against the specified assessment criteria. Merit and distinction grades are awarded for higher-level achievement.
Summary of grades
|In order to achieve a pass in a unit||
|In order to achieve a merit in a unit||
|In order to achieve a distinction in a unit||
- A’Level Standard of education; OR
- Relevant qualification at MQF/EQF Level 4
- If English is not your first language, you will need IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
Exemptions from providing evidence of English language proficiency may arise if you have studied your previous qualification in English.
Students should produce copies of certificates, full CV preferably in EuroFormat and passport-size photo.
Fees & funding